Entering its third year, the Fillies & Lilies Party, Derby Experiences’ exclusive kick-off party for the Kentucky Derby, will continue its reign over the Derby weekend. During which, the private ticket-only event will once again feature the exclusive Bourbon Lounge, gourmet hors d’oeuvres aplenty, and premium open bars.
The event has previously been headlined by country music legends Wynonna Judd and Sara Evans! For the 2016 celebration, Wynonna & The Big Noise will headline the entertainment, proving once again the star-power draw that this party is known for! Check our blog post on Wynonna here.
The evening is more than just drinking and eating the night away; although there’s nothing wrong with that! The night is also about giving as a portion of ticket sales will go to benefiting a charity in the local area. The 2016 Fillies & Lilies charitable recipient is the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance, which accredits, inspects and awards grants to approved aftercare organizations to retire, retrain and rehome Thoroughbreds.
What is the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance?
Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance (TAA) is a 501 (C) (3) not-for-profit organization that accredits, inspects, and awards grants to approved aftercare organizations to retire, retrain, and rehome Thoroughbreds after their career as racehorses using industry-wide funding.
Funded initially by seed money from Breeders’ Cup Ltd., The Jockey Club, and Keeneland Association, Inc., the TAA is supported by owners, trainers, breeders, racetracks, aftercare professionals and other industry groups.
“It is our responsibility as owners, tracks, breeders, trainers, jockeys, bloodstock agents, and anyone who has a stake in the game to take responsibility for the aftercare of these great animals who are the keystone of our sport.”
-Past TAA President and Thoroughbred owner Jack Wolf.
- The TAA’s Code of Standards and accreditation process have been reviewed and approved by the American Humane Association and the American Association of Equine Practitioners.
- The TAA received the 2013 Special Eclipse Award honoring extraordinary service, individual achievements in, or contributions to the sport of Thoroughbred racing.
The TAA Advantage
- Industry united initiative.
- Intensive accrediting system and a strong funding mechanism.
- Funds raised provide support to accredited aftercare organizations to retire, retrain, and rehome racehorses.
- The TAA is a shared responsibility of many Thoroughbred entities including: The Jockey Club, Breeders’ Cup, Keeneland Association, Inc., sales companies, horsemen groups, stallion farms, trainers and others.
How YOU Can Help
Join Derby Experiences on Friday, May 6, 2016 at the Kentucky Derby Museum for an intimate evening with the Grammy award-winning artist Wynonna Judd for special performances through the night. The Fillies & Lilies Party will boast a private Bourbon lounge where you can sit back, relax and enjoy a bourbon tasting along with Bourbon-flavored sweets to satisfy your sweet tooth. Heavy hors d’oeuvres and premium open bars will help fuel you throughout the evening to ensure you keep the party going all night long.
Tour the museum throughout the evening and experience your very own Night at the Museum. Get up close and personal with the Derby Museum exhibits as you leisurely discover the allure of America’s oldest sporting event.
You can add the Fillies & Lilies Party to any package or purchase a ticket to event here. A portion of the proceeds will go to benefiting the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance. For more information on TAA please visit the organization’s website.